Monday, February 21, 2011

Sie Obsevation Day 5/Bird Watch February 18, 2011

Site 1:
When we first went outside it was about 75 degrees and sunny. As we were walking int the woods I saw three seagulls and a crow. I was surrounded by pine trees and there was a slight breeze. We went down to the pond and I saw about eight geese. Avery pointed out a fish trying to eat a bug, and on the other side of the pond there was another big fish. 
Site 2:
Here it was really warm and kind of shady. I saw big trees that were over thirty feet tall and big puffy clouds. There was a squirrel climbing a tree. I saw some of the trails that lead to different parts of the woods. I could hear the wind in the trees. I could also hear some buses backing up and people talking.
Site 3:
To get to site three we went into the woods and down some death trap stairs. Luckily there were some people at the bottom of the stairs to help clumsy people like me!! I got stabbed by some thorns. I felt really warm down here and. It was very shady down here, I was surrounded by these huge trees. I saw some tadpoles and frogs in the creek. I saw the trees swaying in the breeze. On our way to site four I saw a small frog.
Site 4:
We walked far into the woods and found a vernal pool. In the creek there were some salamanders, and frogs. It was really hot and sunny here. I saw some trees and moss. There were some trees that had been knocked over. We didn't stay here long because we had to go through a long trail to get back to the school on time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment